WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Sept. 26, 2017 – Reynolds American Inc. has been named an “Elite 8” Top Category Winner in “Vision & Values” by Achievers, an industry leading provider of employee recognition and engagement solutions. The annual award commends top employers that display leadership and innovation in engaging their workforces.
The Elite 8 recognizes the best of the best — eight companies that received the highest scores for each of the Eight Elements of Employee Engagement™. This is the second year in a row that Reynolds American has received recognition as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America.
“What we believe guides how we act, and the heart and soul of our company are our vision and core values,” said Lisa Caldwell, executive vice president and chief human resources officer of Reynolds American. “Our vision and values guide our direction and purposeful work
– and we strive to engage employees by inspiring them to do and be their very best. And for RAI, we have evidence that it is working, with employee engagement scores that are in the 90th percentile. We are proud to have been recognized as the Elite 8 winner in this important element of employee engagement.”
The Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ Awards are judged by an esteemed panel of academics and thought leaders in the field of employee engagement. The judges evaluated each applicant company based on the Eight Elements of Employee Engagement™:
Communication, Leadership, Culture, Rewards & Recognition, Professional & Personal Growth, Accountability & Performance, Vision & Values and Corporate Social Responsibility.
“Employee experience remains a top priority for employees in 2017,” observed David Brennan, Achievers general manager. “The impressive Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ Award winners are using rewards and recognition to foster positive, productive workplaces. We’re excited to learn from them and honor their accomplishments.”
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company.
R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company is the second-largest U.S. tobacco company.
- R.J. Reynolds’ brands include Newport, Camel and Pall Mall.
- Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc. manufactures and markets Natural American Spirit products in the United States.
- American Snuff Company, LLC is the nation’s second-largest manufacturer of smokeless tobacco products. Its leading brands are Grizzly and Kodiak.
- Niconovum USA, Inc. and Niconovum AB market innovative nicotine replacement therapy products in the United States and Sweden, respectively, under the ZONNIC brand name.
- R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company is a marketer of digital vapor cigarettes under the VUSE brand name in the United States.
To learn more about RAI and its operating companies, please visit RAI’s website at www.reynoldsamerican.com. RAI also uses Twitter to publicly disseminate company news via @RAI_News.