Reynolds stands against racism and discrimination in all forms, and we condemn all acts of hate against African Americans and other groups.
Our recruitment of a diverse workforce in order to create a culture of inclusion where employees are treated equally will continue to be one of our top priorities. We have a long way to go, but we will be relentless in our pursuit of this.
As part of our ongoing efforts, Ricardo Oberlander (Reynolds American CEO) sent a letter to all employees reiterating our Ethos of Inclusion, we conducted a listening session with our African-American Employee Resource Group, and we held an employee townhall in which our employees shared their experiences with injustice and views about racism in America.
Following this, Reynolds is making multiple commitments to action:
- We recommit to our 2025 targets relating to the acceleration of diversity in management positions.
- We will expand our Unconscious Bias Training throughout the organization to enhance the cultural sensitivity to this very important issue.
- We will conduct formal semiannual meetings of our employee resource groups with our CEO which will inform our commitments and strengthen the inclusion aspect of the Diversity & Inclusion arm of our Ethos.
- We will make a $3 million pledge over the next three years to organizations and groups that combat racism and inequality in the pursuit of social justice – the selection of the organizations will be informed by our employee resource groups.
- We will also offer employees volunteer days off so they can support community efforts around these issues.
Reynolds is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive workplace as we work to heal and move forward together as one.